Skip to main content

~ Read this next:

NWN1 Module: Shadow from a Soul on Fire

Hey everyone :)

Today, first and foremost, I was pleasantly suprised to see that a new module has been released from one of my favorite NWN1 Authors -- namely -- Chris Huntoon! 

This new module will definitely be on the forefront of my playlist for the coming weeks! :P 

Chris just releasing a new module made me think of his older work... one that, still to this day, is one of my favorites among NWN1 modules. 

Namely Shadow from a Soul of Fire (SSF), whose mere name sends chills down my spine. Yeah, that's how much I love it. 

So... why do I love it so much? It's (1) mysterious... it's (2) dark... and (3) creepy, in a cozy way. A trinity that I personally prefer very much. 

Most of Chris' work is, in one way or another, inspired by Lovecraft, so if you're familiar with Lovecraft's work, then you'll feel right at home. 

If not... then you can feel intrigued, since Lovecraft is considered to be one of the worlds most influential horror authors of all time. 

SSF has a prequel as well, which I can also heartwarmingly recommend, which is called A Halo of Flies (AHF). Chis recommends that you play this part first, since the story won't make much sense otherwise, and I agree with him.  

Neither SSF or AHF requires any kind of hakpack either, its just placing the module in your module folder -- and you're good to go.

Vin C. Kross contemplates anxiously whether he should leave the safety of the campfire or not... after what he just saw... [ Image: Shadow from a Soul of Fire ]

I was just about to write some spoilers, but then I reflected upon this... should I include spoilers, or not? I'm not really sure. 

Personally, the first time I play, read or watch something, I want to feel suprised. Then I avoid spoilers. 

Once I'm done, I usually want to read up a lot on stuff that I like. I'd love to talk more about this hidden gem when it comes to the story, the events and such. 

Hmm... what to do... maybe I could ask you guys? How would you want this to work from now on, when it comes to future posts as well? I'll attach a poll below, where you can leave your opinion:


That's all for now. Here's hoping you'll have some fun with Chris Huntoon's modules, both old and new! :P Also, remember to <<subscribe to my email list>>, so you'll avoid missing any future posts!

Birger out. ✌💖 

~ I'd appriciate if you'd leave a comment & SHARE the post ❤ -- For commenting, you have three alternatives, (1.) use your Google Account, (2.) choose a name/url, or (3.) write anonymously! ~

Comments

  1. Hi Erik,

    Thanks for contacting me.

    As requested, your Blog (link) has been added to my blog! :)

    Take care, Lance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. * Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa)

    And thank you for adding my blog to yours! ^_^ I hope you'll like to stick around! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Revelation!

The time has come ... the time has come to finally reveal what my current secret project is . I told you earlier that it is something that both old and new fans would be able to enjoy ... it is also something that I have done in the past . The truth is that I am currently making: A REMAKE OF CALM BEFORE THE STORM , THE FIRST MODULE I EVER MADE!! See now? It's something both old and new players could enjoy, isn't it? :D Exciting huh? ;) So, what is this remake going to feature, you ask? I'll give you a quick check-list: * REVAMPED & EXPANDED DIALOGS . * A COUPLE OF COMPLETELY NEW DIALOGS . *NEW CUSTOM MUSIC FOR ALL AREAS . *A NEW HENCHMAN . * REVAMPED HENCHMAN-DIALOGS & COMMANDS . * IMPROVED ENEMIES AS WELL AS A COUPLE OF NEW ONES . *A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FINAL BATTLE & ENDING . *SOME QUESTS HAS BEEN EXPANDED WITH ADDITIONAL CHOICES . Also some things that MIGHT be featured: *NEW SIDEQUESTS . *NEW BONUS AREA ( THE REMAKE WILL CURRENTLY NOT INCLU

A SURPRISE RELEASE to Neverwinter Vault & more! 🥳🎉

Hey, everyone, I've got some GREAT NEWS! 😃 I've released TWO DEMOs to Neverwinter Vault today! 🥳🎉 Yeah, I've not been talking about it, since I wanted it to be a surprise . 😋 Some of you may recall ( if you followed me back in 2008 ) that I, back then, occasionally mentioned my development of two NWN1 RPGs. I'm talking about  Insania Fabula and Puppet Masters -- it's those two that I have released DEMOs for to Nwvault today! 😄  I have also released & updated a bunch of new stuff back on Patreon (more about that below) -- I've actually been really busy as of late, hehe. 😅 This time, I thought I'd let the content speak for itself, instead of rambling on about it, so without further adu, here is what's been released recently + their links : Two new NWN1-DEMOs for Insania Fabula & Puppet Masters (released to Neverwinter Vault) Artpack 1 with 32 original art pieces illustrated by me (released on Patreon) Artpack 2 with 11 fan art pieces i

LEGACY POST: Birger's Golden Dragon Interview 💛🐲

This is more of a legacy post than a regular post, since, unfortunately, the website for Academy of Modding Excellence (the group that gave out the Golden Dragon Awards ) -- has officially closed down.  And with it, the official place for my very own Golden Dragon Award interview from 2008 has been lost, as well.  BUT -- I'm not giving up. As luck would have it, I made sure to save a copy of the interview on my computer, in case the website would go down.  I'm SO glad I did that, since that means I can still share the interview with you guys . 😊💛 Without further adu: The Golden Dragon Interview [ Click / touch on each of the images above to zoom in. If you're on mobile, you may need to watch in landscape mode. ] The comments below the interview [ Click / touch on each of the images above to zoom in. If you're on mobile, you may need to watch in landscape mode. ] Birger out.  ✌💙 ~ Remember to  subscribe to my newsletter  to recieve the PROLOGUE and CHAPTE