Skip to main content

~ Read this next:

NEW NWN-ADVENTURE: The Official Campaign

Hey everyone, hope everything is well with you all! 😀 

At the end of last year I actually began replaying the Official Campaign (OC) for Neverwinter Nights! I'm having a blast, at lot more fun than I thought I would, actually. 

I mean, the campaign is old, the game was first released in 2002 and my first thoughts were: I really love playing Neverwinter Nights modules and I would really like to love the OC as well, but does it still hold today? And yes, in my opinion, it does. 

I love the characters (especially Linu, she's my NWN-OC-waifu 😉) and I personally feel the Bioware writing in them. 

Sure, they're more primitively written than characters from Mass Effect, but that isn't especially strange, since Neverwinter Nights actually has its 20th year anniversary this year. But for its time, the characters are really great. 😍 

The OC is especially nice when played with Beamdog's Enhanced Edition. If you haven't picked it up yet, I really recommend that you do so right away! 

This week, in honor of Neverwinter Nights 20th anniversary; I just started Chapter 2 of the OC. I've just entered Port Llast. Below is my character, a half-elf druid called Vin C. Kross:

My character in Neverwinter Nights' Official Campaign.







A reflection hit me while playing earlier this week... I thought, how many times have I actually finished the OC? I thought to myself, surely I've finished it a couple of times, I mean, I love NWN! 

But when I thought about it some more... I've actually just finished the OC ONCE. And last time was when the game first came out in 2002. Dang, that's a long time! A good 20 years ago, actually. 😂

It first felt like I've played the OC a lot more than that, but I guess it feels that way because I've played and completed so many NWN-modules. This game feels kinda like a second home, after all. 💖

Speaking of other NWN-modules... I actually have plans to start blogging about the Neverwinter Nights modules that I've played during the years. I mean, I've played A LOT OF THEM. 

At the same time, I can also tell you a bit about the old Neverwinter Vault and how things used to work back then! 

For example, when it came to module contests (yeah, there were quite a few, actually), who the contender modules were, how Hall of Fame worked, who the admin was, Module of the year winners, and stuff like that. 

If you know a few friends that also would like to read about that, then be sure to send them the link to this blog. 😊 

I hope you'll stick around for the ride and remember to <<subscribe to my email list>>, so you'll avoid missing any future posts! :)

Birger out. ✌💖 

~ I'd appriciate if you'd leave a comment & SHARE the post ❤ -- For commenting, you have three alternatives, (1.) use your Google Account, (2.) choose a name/url, or (3.) write anonymously! ~

Comments

  1. Really looking forward to reading about your NWN experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even after all these years, you can't beat another NWN playthrough. Glad you're still involved too man :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. * BigDawn
    Agreed, NWN is truly something special. ^_^ Thanks! <3 Are you playing (or maybe creating?) any NWN modules right now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am indeed :) looking to complete all the available Swordflight chapters, I've played one and two and thought they were great. Attempting to draft a story framework, the Walter Gibson way, for a module to publish but that may take me a while yet ahah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, yes Swordflight. A fine choice! :) I actually have it on my to-play-list too, ever since I saw Lilura1 post about it back at her blog, where she considered the series to be one of the best NWN modules.

    Exciting! I wish you well in your story drafting. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A SURPRISE RELEASE to Neverwinter Vault & more! 🥳🎉

Hey, everyone, I've got some GREAT NEWS! 😃 I've released TWO DEMOs to Neverwinter Vault today! 🥳🎉 Yeah, I've not been talking about it, since I wanted it to be a surprise . 😋 Some of you may recall ( if you followed me back in 2008 ) that I, back then, occasionally mentioned my development of two NWN1 RPGs. I'm talking about  Insania Fabula and Puppet Masters -- it's those two that I have released DEMOs for to Nwvault today! 😄  I have also released & updated a bunch of new stuff back on Patreon (more about that below) -- I've actually been really busy as of late, hehe. 😅 This time, I thought I'd let the content speak for itself, instead of rambling on about it, so without further adu, here is what's been released recently + their links : Two new NWN1-DEMOs for Insania Fabula & Puppet Masters (released to Neverwinter Vault) Artpack 1 with 32 original art pieces illustrated by me (released on Patreon) Artpack 2 with 11 fan art pieces i

Secret Revelation!

The time has come ... the time has come to finally reveal what my current secret project is . I told you earlier that it is something that both old and new fans would be able to enjoy ... it is also something that I have done in the past . The truth is that I am currently making: A REMAKE OF CALM BEFORE THE STORM , THE FIRST MODULE I EVER MADE!! See now? It's something both old and new players could enjoy, isn't it? :D Exciting huh? ;) So, what is this remake going to feature, you ask? I'll give you a quick check-list: * REVAMPED & EXPANDED DIALOGS . * A COUPLE OF COMPLETELY NEW DIALOGS . *NEW CUSTOM MUSIC FOR ALL AREAS . *A NEW HENCHMAN . * REVAMPED HENCHMAN-DIALOGS & COMMANDS . * IMPROVED ENEMIES AS WELL AS A COUPLE OF NEW ONES . *A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FINAL BATTLE & ENDING . *SOME QUESTS HAS BEEN EXPANDED WITH ADDITIONAL CHOICES . Also some things that MIGHT be featured: *NEW SIDEQUESTS . *NEW BONUS AREA ( THE REMAKE WILL CURRENTLY NOT INCLU

LEGACY POST: Birger's Golden Dragon Interview 💛🐲

This is more of a legacy post than a regular post, since, unfortunately, the website for Academy of Modding Excellence (the group that gave out the Golden Dragon Awards ) -- has officially closed down.  And with it, the official place for my very own Golden Dragon Award interview from 2008 has been lost, as well.  BUT -- I'm not giving up. As luck would have it, I made sure to save a copy of the interview on my computer, in case the website would go down.  I'm SO glad I did that, since that means I can still share the interview with you guys . 😊💛 Without further adu: The Golden Dragon Interview [ Click / touch on each of the images above to zoom in. If you're on mobile, you may need to watch in landscape mode. ] The comments below the interview [ Click / touch on each of the images above to zoom in. If you're on mobile, you may need to watch in landscape mode. ] Birger out.  ✌💙 ~ Remember to  subscribe to my newsletter  to recieve the PROLOGUE and CHAPTE