Skip to main content

~ Read this next:

DECIDE Birger's next NWN-RPG + FULL E-book Prologue

Hey everyone, I've got some great news! 😃 It's not just FRIDAY but you're also going to get a
NEW NWN-RPG
from Birger (yeah, that's me 😋)! 

All of this thanks to my incredible patrons back at my Patreon-page which helped us all to reach the first Patreon Goal! Click on the image to ENLARGE. 

I have promised that for each Patreon-goal that is reached, I will develop a new Neverwinter Nights RPG and release it to neverwintervault.org, completely for free. 

I'll release the Enhanced Edition of Surviving Horror 1 first though, since that's already in the works.

Decide Birger's next NWN-RPG Story 

Yeah, that's right -- what the heading just said, up there -- above. 👆😁 I want YOU to decide what kind of story you want to see next. 

Normally, this kind of decision is exclusive only for my Platinum patrons back on Patreon (one of the recently added Platinum rewards is to also receive my unfinished NWN-modules Insania Fabula and Puppet Masters that I've blogged about in the past). 

But since I have no Platinum Patrons yet, I thought I'd let you, my loyal blog followers; decide the next NWN-RPG instead -- I hope that makes you guys happy. 😍 Be sure to vote in the poll below

Last Poll results

Below you can also see the result from the last poll. The results are still a bit vague, so if you haven't voted yet, then please go to this post, find the poll "Which of Birger's content ARE *YOU* HERE FOR?" and leave me your vote -- I'd really appriciate it. 😊💛

Poll results from last post. There's one more vote on Birger's NWN adventures, but the results are still a bit vague. 
[CLICK / TOUCH image to enlarge]

Some personal thoughts and feelings -
between you, and me

Man, you guys, to be honest... I've really struggled with believing in my creativity for a long time. 

Meaning, believing that I can do creative work that can generate an income for me and my family. 

In the past, I've always, ALWAYS done my creative works for free. Can creativity be paid? No such thing has existed for me in the past. 

I've been blogging and creating stuff online since 2003, but I've actually been creative as early as my childhood. 

When I played with toys, I always ended up coming up with a story surrounding them. Maybe Skullmaster was planning to destroy the entire world (which often was just a word for my backyard, mind you 😉) and Mighty Max in turn had to stop him somehow. 

Maybe there was a damsel in distress involved and almost always -- a lot of MONSTERS were also involved! Yeah, I've always loved involving different kinds of monsters as a threat of some kind. 😄

With this background in mind, imagine my joy and gratitude in having actually achieved our first Patreon-goal! It feels incredible. It really does. 😍 

This has shown me that I actually CAN make money on my creativity. Which, in turn, has helped me to actually start believing it too. But do you know what the best part is? I can share it with you. 💛

The FULL prologue to my E-book Surviving Horror 1

I've already posted a public teaser for the prologue to my current E-book Surviving Horror 1 while the full prologue has been exclusive for patrons for about a month. 

BUT since I want you all to get a taste of my writing, I've decided to publish the full prologue here, as well. I think you'll like it! Enjoy. 😊 

PROLOGUE – Octopus Ink 

Dark. It’s all dark. Everything around me. I feel completely engulfed by all this blackness, just as if I were underwater, filled to the brim with octopus ink, as far as the eyes could see. The flicker of my torch almost gives in thanks to my speed. My legs are burning. BURNING. My heart is pounding into my ears… and sweat is rushing from every pore. My breath has turned raspy from all the heavy breathing. I’m almost hyperventilating—that’s how bad it is. And worst of all… THEY are right behind me. Those things. Those… those—MONSTERS. Yeah, I don’t have a better word to describe them. I hear their groans and their slow, shambling footsteps, coming from all directions. Among the trees. Behind the trees. Their sounds even occasionally coming from the VERY GROUND ITSELF.
 
Because my torch is wiggling back and forth as I run, what I see is thankfully mostly their silhouettes. I just occasionally catch a glimpse of their gray, ulcerous and rotting skin. It almost feels like if I’m right in the middle of a windstorm, but it’s only because I’m moving so fast. I feel like a lightning bolt, bouncing around the forest, completely out of control. THEN—another groan—RIGHT INTO MY LEFT EAR! At that exact moment, I feel the smell again that I have come to associate with these monstrosities: the smell of rotten eggs. I CAN’T SEE IT!! IT’S TOO DARK!!! My heart stops for a short moment as I almost drop my torch… my only protection in this hellish nightmare. My only light. My only friend. 

I increase the pace even more… something I didn’t even think was possible. My whole body now has that burning sensation that I earlier only felt in my legs. I run and I run. The horror! The groans! THE HORROR! And I need to survive it. There is no other way. My only way forward is… surviving horror.

How did I get myself into such a hellish nightmare and who the hell am I, you ask? Well… this is what happened.

Pretty creepy, huh? 😉 If you liked that -- then I have some good news for you: Chapter 1 is almost finished and will be available via my Patreon-page (Gold or higher) as soon as it's ready🎉

This weeks NWN Module Recommendation

There's a module that first introduced me to both custom music (some of which I've even borrowed for my own modules) and to custom creatures. 

That module is Expresso & Kreyg's enchanting adventure Under the Moonlight. There's also a multiplayer version, for those of you who like that.

What kind of adventure is it? It's a high level module (20th level). It doesn't offer much roleplay, apart from the main story but its areas are well designed with placeables, lights, custom creatures and the like. It's atmospheric, to say the least. 

The setting is called "The Valley of Lost Souls", so expect to be involved in all manners of souls and spirits -- some friendly, while others... not so much. 😬😉 

Also, remember that you can get instant access to my list with hand picked NWN-RPGs consisting of: 
  • 40 favorites
  • 80 NWN-RPGs that I'd like to return to 
  • 200 NWN-RPGs that I'd like to try
  • Other interesting NWN-RPG lists
  • Toolset Resources
You'll gain access to the list by becoming one of my Silver Patrons or higher.


That's all for now and here's hoping you enjoyed it. 😊 Until next time!

Birger out. ✌💖 

~ Please leave me any thoughts in the comments below, remember to SHARE the post and subscribe to my newsletter to avoid missing future posts ❤ -- For commenting either (1.) use your Google Account, (2.) choose a name/url, or (3.) write anonymously! ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Support NWNVault by Becoming a Patreon!

The Folks behind the "New" Nwnvault is Accepting Patreons ! In case you ask yourself right now "What the heck is a   Patreon , Birger??" In short -- people , like you and me ; decide to help by Donating $'s Each Month . That way, we can become Monthly Supporters . Your next Question may be "Why, Birger ... why???" Well, to put this even simpler: Nwnvault is Ad-free and Hosting the Website costs Money from their own Pockets . If we want Nwnvault to stay Ad-free and better yet -- Keep Staying on the Internet -- then becoming a Patreon would be a very wise choice indeed. Join me and Let's Support Our Community Together ! ^_^ Birger out.

New Times Ahead + GIFTS!🎁🎁🛩️🠆🔥🌩️

Hey everyone 😊 What's with the title , you ask? We'll, here's the thing: After   116 Blogger-posts, and from today on,  I'll be making these kind of posts on my Patreon-page  instead -- and no worries, these new blog posts will be released publicly, and for free -- just like before -- while other Patreon-posts will be exclusive for my patrons . I'm doing this, because I want to do posts in one place , instead of posting in multiple places. Feels a lot more focused. 😌 Also -- I've COMPLETELY REMADE my Patreon-page (it now has an intro-video and a lot more pictures !), so you'll get a new experience, even if you've visited before. IMPORTANT: In order to get notified when I make new Public Patreon-posts , you need to subscribe to my  Free Newsletter  and/or join my  Public Discord Community , since I won't notify about new posts  anywhere else . 🎁 FREE GIFTS, JUST FOR YOU 🎁 Kind of a cheezy title maybe, but it's true . 😉  For this last blog

LEGACY POST: Birger's Golden Dragon Interview 💛🐲

This is more of a legacy post than a regular post, since, unfortunately, the website for Academy of Modding Excellence (the group that gave out the Golden Dragon Awards ) -- has officially closed down.  And with it, the official place for my very own Golden Dragon Award interview from 2008 has been lost, as well.  BUT -- I'm not giving up. As luck would have it, I made sure to save a copy of the interview on my computer, in case the website would go down.  I'm SO glad I did that, since that means I can still share the interview with you guys . 😊💛 Without further adu: The Golden Dragon Interview [ Click / touch on each of the images above to zoom in. If you're on mobile, you may need to watch in landscape mode. ] The comments below the interview [ Click / touch on each of the images above to zoom in. If you're on mobile, you may need to watch in landscape mode. ] Birger out.  ✌💙 ~ Remember to  subscribe to my newsletter  to recieve the PROLOGUE and CHAPTE