Skip to main content

~ Read this next:

Surviving Horror 1: Enhanced Edition, PROGRESS 🚅💨

Hey everyone! :) Are you as hot as I am right now? No -- not that kind of hot, I mean like warm, or cold. 😉😂 Maan, it's really hot here by the computer right now. 😆 Thank god for fans (both you, and the electronic ones 😉 )! 

And do I have some great news for you, guys! This is how much I've improved Surviving Horror 1, for the upcoming Enhanced Edition release -- a total of 84 changes, so far (and more is in the works):

[ Click / touch the image to ENLARGE.]





[ Click / touch the image to ENLARGE.]

















What has been changed?

The above images lists three kinds of changes:  

  1. Fixed bugs (some game-breaking (like area transitions not working), while others were minor annoyances))
  2. Minor improvements (to run things smoother, spelling errors, to make things make more sense etc) 
  3. Mayor redesigns (redesigned areas, rewritten dialog and new systems)

Yes, it's true -- I've also redesigned some parts of the adventure completely! 😄 

Some areas just didn't work in the original -- the sewers had too many zombies blocking the way, the west- and east parts of the city of Loma were large but mostly empty which made them boring, among other stuff.

Some examples of system changes

  • I've communicated more clearly when the player enters areas when the player has no other option than to run, by playing a specific music and having the player shout a one-liner. 
  • I've added exp-bonuses for using keys. 
  • I've made it possible to examine important placeables by clicking on them. 
  • Among other stuff (again 😉).

If you're interested in seeing a complete list of all the changes, then you'll be able to read all about them in the read-me file that is going to come with the RPG/module. 

Also remember that you'll gain a lot of rewards + make it possible for me to prioritize NWN-RPG development more (= more NWN-RPGs for you!) if you become one of my Patreon-supporters.



Screenshots for Surviving Horror 1: Enhanced Edition

Here's some screenshots for the upcoming Enhanced Edition:
















You can view even more screenshots (48 in TOTAL!) if you join my Patreon-page as one of my BRONZE-patrons (about 3 dollars/month) or higher. 😊.


Latest Poll-result

Last post, I asked for more votes in order to see more clearly what kind of content you are here for. First and foremost, a special thank you to you who voted. 💛
Below is the final result:








Now it's pretty clear to me that you guys want more NWN RPGs from me, first and foremost. 😋 I'm still writing on my book from time to time, but RPG-development will come first, from now on. 

If you want to get NWN-RPGs from me sooner, then be sure to support me on Patreon -- and your support will make it possible for me to prioritize more time for RPG-development.


This weeks NWN Module Recommendation

Afflicted... or Responsible?
Another of the first NWN modules that I played were Candle in the Dark. It was created by a married couple (which is rare, and something I haven't seen anywhere else on the Nwvault). 

The module is for 1st level characters and uses custom healing items among other stuff, which is always refreshing. It also allows a lot of roleplay. 

The village of Shadowrock has both mystery and evil surrounding it, and you are personally afflicted by it. Or are you somehow responsible, as some of the villagers persistently claim? 

I remember specifically a mysterious horned man, which really caught my eye. This adventure is both mysterious and fun. 

Here is the module description from the vault:

"The village of Shadowrock labors under the yoke of unknown evils that walk the night mists, leaving the corpses of villagers for the morning light. 

They are the victims of a strange plague which has always haunted this sleepy valley, and so it has ever been say the Shadowrock elders. 

You have lived unquestioning like the rest, surrendering the dead to the Gravekeeper who watches the forbidden tombs of the forest. Then one morning everything changes when the dreaded night ills strike your own family down. 

A road of fateful decisions, whispered questions and bloody vengeance lies ahead. With all the forces aligned against your struggle, you are but a candle in the dark."


💮~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~💮

That's all for this week. Here's hoping you're looking forward to the release of Surviving Horror 1: Enhanced Edition, as much as I am. 😊
Until next time,

Birger out. ✌💙

~ Remember to subscribe to my newsletter to recieve the PROLOGUE and CHAPTER 1 of my upcoming E-book "Surviving Horror" + get notified each time I make a new post

SHARE the post with your friends (use the blue buttons below)

~ & leave me any thoughts in the comments below


(( For commenting, either: 

  1. use your Google Account, 
  2. choose a name/url, or 
  3. write anonymously! ))
💮~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~💮

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A SURPRISE RELEASE to Neverwinter Vault & more! 🥳🎉

Hey, everyone, I've got some GREAT NEWS! 😃 I've released TWO DEMOs to Neverwinter Vault today! 🥳🎉 Yeah, I've not been talking about it, since I wanted it to be a surprise . 😋 Some of you may recall ( if you followed me back in 2008 ) that I, back then, occasionally mentioned my development of two NWN1 RPGs. I'm talking about  Insania Fabula and Puppet Masters -- it's those two that I have released DEMOs for to Nwvault today! 😄  I have also released & updated a bunch of new stuff back on Patreon (more about that below) -- I've actually been really busy as of late, hehe. 😅 This time, I thought I'd let the content speak for itself, instead of rambling on about it, so without further adu, here is what's been released recently + their links : Two new NWN1-DEMOs for Insania Fabula & Puppet Masters (released to Neverwinter Vault) Artpack 1 with 32 original art pieces illustrated by me (released on Patreon) Artpack 2 with 11 fan art pieces i

LEGACY POST: Birger's Golden Dragon Interview 💛🐲

This is more of a legacy post than a regular post, since, unfortunately, the website for Academy of Modding Excellence (the group that gave out the Golden Dragon Awards ) -- has officially closed down.  And with it, the official place for my very own Golden Dragon Award interview from 2008 has been lost, as well.  BUT -- I'm not giving up. As luck would have it, I made sure to save a copy of the interview on my computer, in case the website would go down.  I'm SO glad I did that, since that means I can still share the interview with you guys . 😊💛 Without further adu: The Golden Dragon Interview [ Click / touch on each of the images above to zoom in. If you're on mobile, you may need to watch in landscape mode. ] The comments below the interview [ Click / touch on each of the images above to zoom in. If you're on mobile, you may need to watch in landscape mode. ] Birger out.  ✌💙 ~ Remember to  subscribe to my newsletter  to recieve the PROLOGUE and CHAPTE

Secret Revelation!

The time has come ... the time has come to finally reveal what my current secret project is . I told you earlier that it is something that both old and new fans would be able to enjoy ... it is also something that I have done in the past . The truth is that I am currently making: A REMAKE OF CALM BEFORE THE STORM , THE FIRST MODULE I EVER MADE!! See now? It's something both old and new players could enjoy, isn't it? :D Exciting huh? ;) So, what is this remake going to feature, you ask? I'll give you a quick check-list: * REVAMPED & EXPANDED DIALOGS . * A COUPLE OF COMPLETELY NEW DIALOGS . *NEW CUSTOM MUSIC FOR ALL AREAS . *A NEW HENCHMAN . * REVAMPED HENCHMAN-DIALOGS & COMMANDS . * IMPROVED ENEMIES AS WELL AS A COUPLE OF NEW ONES . *A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FINAL BATTLE & ENDING . *SOME QUESTS HAS BEEN EXPANDED WITH ADDITIONAL CHOICES . Also some things that MIGHT be featured: *NEW SIDEQUESTS . *NEW BONUS AREA ( THE REMAKE WILL CURRENTLY NOT INCLU